Rules for the authors
Dear Authors, the Editorial Board of the Criminalists Library Scientific Journal welcomes your manuscripts (scientific articles, information notes, reviews of publications and scientific conferences, critical reviews, etc.) and will be happy to publish them provided they meet the general requirements established by the Rules for manuscripts prepared by the authors. These rules apply to all materials submitted to the journal editors for publication. The Editorial board has the right not to accept the material submitted for publication in case the author fails to observe the rules for the manuscript design and layout, and also at finding elements of plagiarism.
Rules for the authors presenting manuscripts to be published in "MGIMO Review of International Relations"
The submission process is organized on-line. To submit a manuscript an author should first register on www.vestnik.mgimo.ru. To be accepted for publication the manuscripts should correspond to the profile of the scientific periodical, i.e. these should be only materials on international relations, history of international relations, international economic relations and world economy. They should be executed at a high scientific level and contain results of topical studies on corresponding problems, be of scientific importance and practical value. The manuscripts should correspond to the following requirements:
- 1. The manuscripts submitted for publication should be not published earlier and not intended for simultaneous publication in other periodicals.
- 3. Manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word format.
- 4. Volume of the publications is up to 1 publication base sheet (30,000 symbols, including intervals and bibliographic footnotes).
- 5. All the web- addresses used in manuscript should be up to date.
- 6. The manuscript design should meet the following requirements: page layout (margins) – left - 3 cm, right – 1.5 cm, top and bottom - 2 cm; font - Times New Roman; size: basic text and bibliographic list - 14 pt, resume and keywords in Russian and English - 12 pt, page references and footnotes - 12 pt; intervals: in the text – 1.5, in the references and footnotes - 1; paragraph indent in the basic text and resumes – 1.25 cm, in the references and footnotes - 0; page numbering – center bottom. Hyphenation - automatic. Text alignment – justified.
The structure of the articles in the sequence of its elements:
- 1. Title of article in capital letters (should be short, reflect the essence of the research problem).
- 2. The initials and surname of the author (s).
- 3. The name of the institution where the author works and address, including zip code.
- 4. Summary of the article in Russian (200-250 words).
- 5. Keywords (10-12 words in Russian).
- 6. The main text (no more than 30 thousand characters).
- 7. References (compiled in alphabetical order and numerated).
- 8. Information about the author (full name, academic rank, position, place of work and its address, scientific specialization, e-mail).
- 14. References (Harvard reference style).
More details about some elements of the structure of the article:
- - The author's summary of the article (abstract): The summaries (resumes) may not repeat the content of article, be formulated in general words not stating the essence of the research the results of which are given in the scientific article. The summary (resume) should briefly state the main idea of the article; it is recommended to keep to the structure of the article (introduction, aims and purposes, research methods, results, findings or conclusion). The volume of the summary is between 200-250 words.
- - The main part of the article should contain an analytical review of the literature, theoretical and methodological part; demonstration of quantitative and qualitative data obtained during the implementation of these methods and techniques; synthesis and integration of the results into the intellectual history of the research subject;
- - References should be made according to the Harvard Reference Style, though the parenthesis should be squared and instead of last names it should have a numerical number of the reference item listed in the reference list, like [3, p. 5]. 3 is a numerical number of a reference item in the list.
Authors publishing articles in this journal agree to the following:
They retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication of the work, which is 6 months after the publication automatically licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which allows others to distribute this work with the obligatory reference to the original work and publication in this journal .
They have the right to post their work on the Internet (for example, in the institute repository or personal website).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the purposes indicated this journal and will not be used for any other purpose or made available to other persons and organizations.
All research articles received are subject to double-blind peer review. The aim is to assess the novelty and scientific significance of the work, the reliability of the study results, the content of the article and the nature of the presentation.
1. The articles are reviewed by the members of the editorial board, by invited reviewers (including foreign scientists). The time for review is 2-4 weeks, but at the request of the reviewer the time may be extended.
Based on the review results:
- a) The article may be recommended for publication in its present form;
- b) The article may be recommended for publication after correcting deficiencies noted by the reviewer;
- c) The article may need additional reviewing other specialists;
- d) The article may be published in the journal.
2. If reviewers make recommendations for corrections, the editors return the article to the author with the reviews with an advice to make the corrections or bring arguments to refute them.. Refinement of an article should not take more than two months from the date of sending the electronic message to the. Corrected articles are sent back to reviewers.
3. If an author refuses to make the recommended corrections, he/she should notify the editors. Without notification the disputed article will be removed from the publication row after three months. In such cases, the author is notified of the withdrawal of the manuscript from the register due to the expiration of the time.
4. If author and reviewers come to contradictions, the editorial board has the right to submit the manuscript for further review. In conflict situations, the editor in chief makes the final decision, taking into account the opinion of the editorial board.
5. The decision to refuse the publication of a manuscript shell be made at the editorial board meeting in accordance with the recommendations of the reviewers. The refused article must not be re-submitted.
6. Positive reviews are not sufficient for publication. The final decision on publication is taken by the editorial board. In conflict situations, the decision is made by the chief editor.
Reviews are stored for 5 years.