Evgueni M. Astakhov – PhD in Historical Sciences, professor at the Department for Diplomatic Studies, Moscow State University of International Relations (MGIMO), Ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The unilateral model of international relations is not capable to execute global governance. The existing financial institutes serve only the interests of few highly developed countries. This situation does not satisfy developing countries. The latter put forward new approaches to the important task of reforming the world order system.
RICS countries will contribute to the elaboration of a new economic system based on equal to financial sources and trade markets. BRICS countries have the sufficient potential to become a new pole of political and economic influence free from geopolitical calculation and the temptation to impose their social models and political standards.
Russia sees in BRICS an important place to discuss problems of international politics and world economy. At the same time Russia is interested in a dynamic economic cooperation with members of the group.
Taking into consideration the current international situation, Russia will help to strengthen the political and economic position of BRICS. At the same time it is desirable to maintain a prudent policy of cooperation in both directions with East and with West.
Key words: BRICS, global governance, alternative institutions, pole of influence, geopolitical interests
1. BRIK kak novaja forma mnogovektornoj diplomatii [BRIC as a new form of multi-vector diplomacy]. Vestnik MGIMO-Universiteta, 2010, no. 1, pp. 38-64. (In Russian)
2. Vinogradov A.V. Dialogovyj format BRIKS i ego rol' v stanovlenii mnogopoljarnogo mira [The interactive format of BRICS and its role in the formation of a multipolar world]. Ed. by V.A. Nikonov, G.D. Toloraja. Moscow,
RUDN Publ., 2013. Pp.47-52. (In Russian)
3. Davydov V.M. Perspektivy BRIKS i nekotorye voprosy formirovaniia mnogopoliarnogo mira. Materialy doklada na obshchem sobranii Otdeleniia obshchestvennykh nauk RAN 2 aprelia 2008 goda. [Prospects for BRICS
and some questions of the formation of a multipolar world. Content of the report at the general meeting of the Division of Social Sciences April 2, 2008]. ILA RAN. Available at: http://www.ilaran.ru/?n=495 (Accessed:
08.02.2016) (In Russian)
4. Mihajlov N.N. Strany BRIKS i mezhcivilizacionnyj dialog [BRICS countries and inter-civilization dialogue].Strategija Rossii v BRIKS: celi i instrument [Russian BRICS strategy: objectives and instruments]. Ed. by V.A.
Nikonov, G.D. Toloraja. Moscow, RUDN Publ, 2013. Pp. 409-428. (In Russian)
5. Tezisy o vneshnej politike Rossii (2012-2018 gg) [Abstracts of Russia's foreign policy (2012-2018)]. Moscow, Spets kniga Publ., 2012. 32 p. Available at: http://russiancouncil.ru/common/upload/RIAC_foreign_policy(1).pdf (Accessed: 08.02.2016) (In Russian)
6. Tolovaia G.D. Rossiia i BRIKS. Perspektivy i vozmozhnosti [Russia and the BRICS. Prospects and Opportunities]. Strategiia Rossii, 2015, no. 5, pp. 8-14. (In Russian)
7. Trifonov V.I. Vzaimodejstvie stran BRIKS v mezhdunarodnyh strukturah [Interaction of the BRICS countries in international structures]. Strategija Rossii v BRIKS: celi i instrument [Russian BRICS strategy: objectives
and instruments]. Ed. by V.A. Nikonov, G.D. Toloraja. Moscow, RUDN Publ., 2013. Pp.166-171. (In Russian)
8. Ujanaev S.V. Sotrudnichestvo v formate BRIKS v kontekste osnovnyh tendencij sovremennogo mira [Cooperation in the BRICS format in the context of the major trends of the modern world]. Kitaj v mirovoj i
regional'noj politike: Istorija i sovremennost' [China in world and regional politics: history and modernity]. Moscow, 2011, iss.16, pp.44-74. (In Russian)